Latest Movie :

Essence Silky Touch blushes: 10, 30 and 60 - Swatches and Review

Hello ladies! In this post I'll try to explain why I will avoid essence Silky Touch blushes from now on (and why I think you should avoid them too), and why I'm so unhappy with the ones I have. In short, they are glittery blushes that are either too pigmented, or not pigmented at all. Weird, right?

The three shades I have are: 10 'adorable', 30 'secret it-girl' and 60 'life's a cherry'. The first one I purchased was 'adorable', and 'life's a cherry' is the last one I bought (it was added to the range in the last update). Let me talk first about each individual shade, and then in the end I'll reflect on the entire range. Price for all the blushes is the same: around 22 kn. Let me just say I would not repurchase any of the products mentioned in this post.

Essence, Silky Touch blush, 10 adorable
I know what you're thinking: 'Where the hell are the swatches on these photos?!'. LOL Well, this blush is a strange shade in general, but once applied on my skin it disappears. There is a rumour that it might be visible on some people, but I'll believe that when I see it with my own eyes haha. When I apply this on my face, there is no color visible, just a small dust of glittery particles that sparkle in the sun. If you watch the first two photos (where all three blushes are swatched together), I had to put a ton of this blush to even make it visible. You just can't see it on the face, unless you spend 20 minutes applying it. And it does not last a long time - two hours tops. This blush has a silky soft texture and it's very dusty. The packaging is covered with dust as soon as you start using it (messy looking product). This blush is not pigmented at all, so I do not see why anyone would buy this as a 'blush'. I can't speak for other skin tones, but even when I tan I still can't make this product 'appear' on my face. 0/10

Essence, Silky Touch blush, 30 secret it-girl
This blush is a bright peachy-orange shade. I think I might even enjoy it if it wasn't for one thing: it contains large gold glitter particles. So when you apply the blush, all you see is gold glitter. Texture is very soft, dusty. Pigmentation is not too strong, however, until you apply enough to make this blush visible, you are stuck with a million glitter particles, glistening away on your face. And I'm just not into that. I bought a peachy-orange blush by Catrice last week, and it's light years better than this one - in every possible way. Plus, it has that chemical smell I detest. 3/10

Essence, Silky Touch blush, 60 life's a cherry
This blush is an intensive coral-red shade with light shimmer. When I did these swatches, I tried to place a light layer of this blush on my arm - and it just can't be done. This blush's pigmentation is on steroids - it's a big flaw, because the blush is always over-applied. I have tried to apply it lightly, but it just always makes you look like you don't have a mirror at home. This blush also has glitter particles in it, but not as obvious as in the orange one. The glitter in this blush is light, dusty and grinded into the blush (it doesn't look like they just added it on top), so it's not over-the-top like in 'secret it-girl'. Texture is soft and dusty as well. I don't know, this shade makes me look like a clown. I thought I might make it look subtle and natural, but 'natural' is not a word you can use to describe this shade. It's just too explosive. 3/10


So, to sum up: These blushes all have a very soft texture, they are dusty and easy to pick up with a brush. However, the soft texture doesn't help with the light blushes - you just pack on glitter, but get no shade; and with the red blush, no matter how lightly you apply it, you look like you sing in your local Folklor, and you borrowed your grandma's blush. I think these blushes might be fine if they weren't bombarded with sparkle. The problem with these blushes is, when you look at the packaging in the store, it's difficult to spot the glitter - it sort of comes as a bad surprise once you try using the product. All in all, I like the gradient essence blushes, and some of their limited edition blushes, I also love Catrice blushes, but these little guys I simply would not recommend to anyone. I just don't see who might look presentable with them. Nobody needs that must glitter on their face. You are better off emphasizing your cheeks with some other products. So for me, each one of these blushes has a different reason for disappointment: no pigmentation, hyper pigmentation, or crazy glitter. There are better products out there for your money, and I recommend checking out essence's limited edition blushes if you want to try something out. I love essence, and I think they have some amazing products available, but these blushes are a 'miss' and not a 'hit' with me. 

Did you try any of these? Any opinions? Do you agree/disagree with me? Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow me.


love, Jelena


Share this article :

Đăng nhận xét

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. photoshop art crochet - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger